Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
EQUITY ADVISOR (C5625)
Deadline: June 22, 2021
This posting represents a full-time contract position for the duration of two years.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Equity, the incumbent contributes to the advancement of Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity, and Accessibility (EDIA) within Concordia’s student community through consultation, education, partnership-building, active collaboration, and the development and implementation of measures and initiatives.
- Foster constructive, open, and supportive relationships with University members in the promotion the Equity office's mandate, values, and functions.
- Advise, assist, and support members of the University in resolving EDIA related concerns and incidents in a knowledgeable, effective, and constructive manner. Apply an in-depth knowledge of Concordia's resources, policies, and procedures as well as best practices to EDIA-related questions, concerns, and situations, commensurate with the functions of the Equity Office.
- Conduct intake interviews, design effective response and/intervention plans, meet deadlines and evaluate results. Participate in regular incident and case review to support, develop and maintain best practices and approaches.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Office's outreach initiatives, communication strategies, and promotional materials.
- Work closely with the members of the Equity Office to meet regular and annual objectives.
- Lead in content development for in-person and online EDIA training programs as well as future training updates and modules.
- Deliver workshops and trainings for Concordia students. Engage in EDIA outreach and education, through the development and delivery of presentations, workshops and seminars promoting awareness and understanding of matters such as unconscious bias and what constitutes a respectful university.
- Track workshop and training participation. Gather feedback from workshops, trainings, and presentations to inform recommendations and revisions to the content.
- Assist with the file and case management, as well as the preparation of reports including the gathering and analysis of casework data, statistics, findings, trends, recommendations, and information.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations to the Executive Director of Equity regarding the Equity Office's practices and processes.
- Support the Executive Director of Equity, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience working in a university environment, and/or experience in championing EDIA in a complex administrative environment.
- Deep understanding of EDIA, intersectionality, and anti-oppression principles and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with internal and external stakeholders, including students, faculty, and staff.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English skills and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French skills.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and familiarity with or ability to learn new software.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and influencing skills.
- Well-developed listening, analytical, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Diligent attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Sound judgment and discretion as well as ability to network and maneuver through complex situations.
- Capacity to interact sensitively and equitably with people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, concerns and/or viewpoints.
$74,676.27 - $89,200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.