Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
Deadline: June 22, 2021
Permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours per week, (4-day workweek, 3 days from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m and 1 day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00p.m).
Reporting to the Supervisor responsible for the sector (portfolios 1 to 3), the incumbent installs and maintains plumbing and heating equipment.
- Maintain and repair plumbing equipment such as toilets, faucets, water fountain, pumps, sprinkler and water activated safety systems, cooling and heating systems, potable water and drainage systems.
- Perform inspections, assessments, and performance reporting on various assets.
- Performing data entry with the latest technology in preventive maintenance.
- Respond to service calls and emergencies.
- Prepare and work on material; submit lists of materials and equipment for purchasing requests.
- Assist the Engineering and Building Performance department with energy conservation programs and commissioning.
- Plan and communicate mechanical service and equipment interruptions.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Install plumbing systems and fixtures, with or without plans and specifications.
- Perform various welding and soldering using equipment like torches, electric arc rods or MIG.
- Verify operational condition of fixtures and systems, take readings (such as pressure and temperature), and make necessary adjustments.
- Verify and inspect assigned areas.
- Complete forms and routine reports.
- Respond to emergency calls on either campus when required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor (including cleaning of equipment and mechanical rooms).
- High School Diploma (DSS) and five years of related work experience as a holder of the requested plumbing professional certification.
- Plumbing License (Compagnon CCQ ou Tuyauteur Emploi-Québec).
- Metal fabrication, cutting, welding and assembly are an asset.
- Heating and Gas Licenses, BFP (back flow preventer) and Health and Safety courses desirable.
- Working knowledge of steam fitting, gas installations, and welding; ability to read blue prints.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to read and understanding drawings, instructions, technical manual, respond to service calls and to complete forms and routine reports.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; customer-service orientation.
- Ability to differentiate between colors as attested by successful completion of a Color Blind Test – Ishihara Plates.
- Valid driver’s license in Quebec.
- Work in height as well as in fluctuating temperatures (warm and cold).
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the Respiratory Protection Program and Hearing Conservation Program.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 23 kg (50lbs) and with assistance, up to 45kg (100lbs)).
$31.26 per hour Comprehensive set of benefits and pension plan, generous annual vacation policy. Easily accessible by public transit.
STT DES MÉTIERS DE CONCORDIA-CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.