Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BUSINESS PROCESS OFFICE
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST – FINANCE SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES (P5986-88-89)
Deadline: June 17, 2021
This posting represents three full-time positions.
Reporting to the Financial Business Process Manager, the incumbent acts as the strategic link between End-Users, Financial Services and IITS for support and guidance, for all finance system applications, towards managing and maintaining master data. In collaboration with IITS, the incumbent will oversee the continuous enhancement of financial information systems with the objective of optimizing business processes and ensuring data integrity and a positive end user experience.
- Manage and maintain master data to ensure consistency in source data objects from financial systems and to other operational or reporting systems; work with the data governance and cyber security committees to align processes and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance for all finance applications to both BPO (Business Process Office) and IITS teams for development and/ or operational issues.
- Ensure the continuous evolution of business processes relating to Finance in collaboration with IITS, identify needs for system changes based on required process improvements or problems.
- Participate in design discussions and requirement gathering opportunities, analysis, identification of options, presentation of options/considerations, coordination with other functional team, testing options in coordination with business users, documentation of design, testing, and acceptance, and production support of enhancements.
- Oversee an important maintenance protocol to ensure only master elements used remain active in the overall Finance ecosystem (ex: de-activate redundant master data elements to ensure only current master elements will be used).
- Analyze financial data fields and help users to create and enhance BI and Analytics Reports and Dashboards for unit process owners and users to support analysis and metrics.
- Coordinate and oversee the management of all system related month end and year-end tasks; work closely with the Financial Reporting and Accounting Services teams and IITS in the planning and testing of all periodic and especially year-end system functions.
- In collaboration with IITS, participate in the analysis of system issues reported by the users and approve the design and the delivery of associated system changes, in Financial System related projects including the evaluation and implementation of new system functions, modules and applications, and assist in the creation and maintenance of all systems, processes, and procedural documents.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or in a field related to the finance system applications (such as SAP including S4/Hana, Ariba, Concur) and four to seven years of work-related experience, with at least four years experience predominantly within a modern integrated Financial Systems environment where managing master data elements is required.
- Knowledge of Project Management or Project Experience in financial services using complex ERP solutions, an asset.
- Solid experience with ERP Systems, such as SAP including S4/Hanna, Ariba and Concur or Oracle systems and experience with report generation using BI.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation not only to peers but also to end-users. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel (such as use of macros, pivot tables), Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word; basic knowledge of Microsoft Visio (basic and data extraction skills for large and complex data structures.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively contribute to developing solutions showing an understanding of business needs requiring clarifications as formulated by stakeholders while respecting all system considerations and inter-unit dependencies.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and presenting options towards improving processes as a leader in Business Process management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis - ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by requesters and stakeholders.
- Good understanding of Computer Systems and Applications.
- Highly organized, with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks to meet stringent deadlines.
- Self- motivated, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work autonomously or as part of a team and teams across the organization.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem-solving – abilities to perform root/cause analysis.
$81,001.35 - $96,759.60 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 17, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.