Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SUPERVISOR, DATA MANAGEMENT (P5965)
Deadline: June 10, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Advancement Information Systems (AIS), the incumbent is responsible for the quality and accuracy of data in the Alumni/Donor database system, supervising the updating of information, correction of errors and implementation of programmatic import/export of data. They manage end user data requests in terms of approval, prioritization and assignment to staff for completion.
- Monitor the data integrity of the Alumni/Donor database system by recommending and implementing initiatives for overall maintenance of Advancement data; identify key areas of vulnerability of data quality and proactively implements corrective action plans and procedures as needed.
- Develop data integrity standards that ensure the accuracy and completeness of data in the Alumni/Donor database system; develop processes and data quality scorecard to review data integrity results and coordinate plans to correct data.
- Manage processes for biographical updates in Alumni/Donor database system; maintain related policies and procedures; ensure the timely and accurate entry of biographical data by all authorized users.
- Coordinates process for approved data imports and exports with both internal and external data sources; interacts with internal stakeholders and external vendors in order to optimize data updates and reporting.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate performance and assign work/projects to Records Management Assistants and casual employees.
- Oversee end user data requests from the Alumni/Donor database system; review, approve and assign to staff as appropriate; ensure specific requirements are documented; determine scope of effort and timeline to complete work; record and track in request system.
- Develop queries within Alumni/Donor database system to meet end user ad-hoc requests; ensure approved development standards are respected.
- Evaluate new functionality within Alumni/Donor database system, recommend changes to optimize the use of functionality; develop and execute plan for the implementation of new functionality.
- Work with peer in IITS to provide documented functional specifications for development work related to Alumni/Donor database system; determine scope and timeline for work; ensure agreed upon timelines are met.
- Provides support and training in the use of biographical data updates in the Alumni/Donor database system.
- Research and keep abreast of current best practices related to data management and integrity.
- Consults with institutional partners to ensure alignment and consistency with university data governance practices and policies.
- Assists with other AIS projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information System, Computer Science or a related field with two to four years of relevant work experience with at least one year of supervisory experience. Experience managing data service requests.
- Very good knowledge (level 5) of spoken and written English language skills to communicate complex information effectively and clearly; basic knowledge (level 3) of conversational French to answer general inquiries and to provide information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of fundraising software solutions; knowledge of Blackbaud CRM fundraising software is an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail; must be able to operate efficiently and effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities; ability to set goals and achieve success.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and to work under deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle several projects and portfolios simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
$76,748- $89,007 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 10, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.