Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DONOR RELATIONS ASSOCIATE (C5588)
Deadline: June 7, 2021
This is a two-year contractual position.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Engagement and Stewardship (DES), the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the financial compliance of gift agreements and assisting with the proactive stewardship of donors to the University.
- Develop and implement framework for gift compliance; Work closely with university partners to ensure adherence to the accurate allocation of donation funds in a timely fashion in accordance with the gift agreement.
- Ensure the timely and accurate dissemination of information related to the spending requirements to University recipient areas.
- Analyze and review compliance issues; interact and collaborate with stakeholders to understand issues and develop a plan for correction and appropriate allocation of donation funds.
- Conduct audits to identify issues related to the allocation of donation funds; implement changes to gift compliance program in order to rectify issues going forward.
- Establish business processes for the identification of expiring agreements and the notification of such agreements to Development staff person to ensure opportunities are not missed for renewal of such agreements.
- Review specific gift agreements where available spending exceeds amount in gift agreement in order to recommend adjustments to ensure maximum allocation of available funds.
- Develop and deliver an orientation program and ongoing training sessions to Development staff, Faculty Financial Administrators and other stakeholders at the University involved in the administration and compliance of gift agreements.
- Triage and process all information requests from various Advancement and other University staff pertaining to student award recipients
- Collaborate in the review of all agreement templates to ensure all relevant information in captured; make recommendations on changes and edits.
- In collaboration with Advancement Services colleagues, validate reports’ financial information provided by faculty members is accurate; address and resolve issues.
- Provide requirements and validates new processes to ensure they meet the specific needs of the department.
- Assist DES colleagues in the production of large scale reporting and acknowledgements; validate content for consistency and accuracy of information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field, and one to two years of relevant work experience; solid understanding of budget management.
- Very good knowledge (level 5) of spoken and written English to communicate complex information effectively and clearly; good knowledge (level 4) of spoken French to answer inquiries and to provide information.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Microsoft Office software particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of fundraising software solutions.
- Flexibility, attention to detail, ability to set goals and achieve success.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well with others; customer focused.
- Ability to handle several projects and portfolios simultaneously and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with a strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and apply creative solutions; attention to accuracy and excellent judgment.
$63,435 - $75,752 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 7, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.