Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR OFFICER, DONOR RELATIONS (C5591)
Deadline: June 7, 2021
This is a two-year contractual position.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Engagement and Stewardship, the incumbent’s primary responsibility is to contribute strategically to the planning and implementation of donor-centered, University-wide stewardship and recognition programs and events to enhance the fundraising objectives of the University. They will oversee the production of large-scale donor reporting/acknowledgement and gift compliance. The incumbent functionally supervises the Donor Relations Associate.
- Assist the Manager with the development and preparation of the annual plan of stewardship strategies and activities for the team to support the stewardship of donors.
- Implement strategic plan initiatives by outlining specific tasks and responsible staff, and identifying appropriate tools and technology to ensure a successful outcome for each initiative.
- Recommend, improve and implement appropriate mechanisms to acknowledge, recognize and steward past and current donors at all levels.
- Recommend policies and best practices related to donor’s recognition and stewardship, in collaboration with the University Advancement central office, the faculty-based fundraising and alumni development staff.
- Evaluate the impact and the ROI of donor recognition and stewardship strategies.
- Recommend and implement creative programs that will distinguish the University from others, in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Oversee the planning and the execution of recurring special annual events related to donors’ recognition.
- Manage the production of large-scale donor reporting/acknowledgement; identify new approaches and systems to improve the quality, completeness and timelines of the output.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the gift compliance framework: ensure financial compliance with respect to gift agreements; liaise with Development staff, faculty financial administrators, Financial Services, FAAO, SGS and other stakeholders to ensure the timely and accurate transfer of knowledge that maximizes the impact of donor funds.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of stewardship practices and processes to other staff in DES and University Advancement
- Assign tasks, provide leadership and functionally supervise the Donor Relations Associate.
- Make recommendations to existing programs and initiatives to ensure maximum benefit to the donor and recipient area; implement specific changes that immediately benefit the effectiveness of the program/initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience.
- Very good knowledge (level 5) of spoken and written English language skills to communicate complex information effectively and clearly; good knowledge (level 4) of spoken French to answer inquiries and to provide information.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Microsoft Office software particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of fundraising software solutions.
- Ability to plan ahead and work within deadlines and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage workflow.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while prioritizing own work to handle multiple tasks and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Excellent analytical skills and project management skills.
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
$80,879 - $96,597 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 7, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.