Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MANAGER, DATA ANALYTICS (P5964)
Deadline: June 7, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Director, Advancement Services, the incumbent provides leadership and direction of data analytical strategies related to constituent engagement and fundraising for the University. They are responsible for the development and implementation of advanced descriptive and predictive data models in order to inform decisions related to the strategic initiatives and program requirements of University Advancement (UA).
- Develop, maintain and revise data analytical strategies and guidelines that support the programs within University Advancement; define, create and maintain predictive data models and machine learning to support the fundraising and engagement activities of University Advancement (e.g. identification of new prospects, alumni engagement trends, etc.).
- Oversee the definition and creation of reports and data visualizations that display the results and provide insights of fundraising and alumni engagement activities; present analytical conclusions to senior UA staff.
- Create strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders in order to enhance the level of understanding of requirements and incorporate into data analytics work.
- Oversee the management of data analytics requests and assignments; develop strategy and process to ensure efficient management of requests. Determine priority of requests, develops timelines and assigns to staff; liaise with other units within Advancement Services to ensure collaboration and coordination of resources.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate performance and assign work/projects to data analytics staff.
- Oversee training of various UA staff in the use of data visualization tools and reports in order to interpret results; provide guidance and direction with respect to actionable ways to increase engagement and fundraising results.
- In conjunction with the Manager, AIS determines strategy for UA’s reporting requirements within the university institutional data space.
- In conjunction with IITS peers, determine optimal processes for data intake, validation, modeling, visualization and communication for UA’s analysis and reporting requirements (data warehouse and data lake); define use of the BI & Analytics platform for data analytics purposes (i.e. descriptive to predictive (AI) analytics).
- Provide guidance and recommendations related to prospect management and alumni engagement strategies using data analytics that shows the outcomes of efforts and recommendations regarding future direction that would increase outcomes.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to programs within University Advancement; design and implement solutions to meet these needs.
- Participate in decision-making by presenting conclusions and recommendations at Manager meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and four to seven years of work experience in data analytics field of which at least one year in a supervisory role.
- Expert knowledge of the prospect and gift life-cycle, prospect identification strategies, and prospect management principles and best practices
- Ability to utilize data mining, predictive modelling, forecasting and statistical analysis techniques in order to perform complex analysis to identify philanthropic patterns, identify new donors and analyze relationships and engagement.
- Skilled communicator and an ability work as part of a team and the ability to manage relationships with a diverse group of colleagues with differing mandates and objectives.
- Very good knowledge (level 5) of spoken and written English language skills to communicate complex information effectively and clearly; good knowledge (level 4) of spoken French to answer inquiries and to provide information.
- Intermediate knowledge of Blackbaud CRM fundraising software and advanced knowledge of Excel to analyze and visualize data.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and visualization tools, such as SPSS, IBM Modeler, R, Power BI; intermediate knowledge of basic database design to build external database warehouse.
- Knowledge of online research and relationship tools such as iWave, Rocketreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principals and best practices, in a higher education environment, including proficiency at supporting and participating in the discovery of new prospects and management of existing prospects.
- Strong project management, organizational and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
- Solid knowledge of fundraising principals and best practices in a higher education environment.
$83,246 - $96,546 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 7, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.