Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MANAGER, FINANCIAL REPORTING (P5977)
Deadline: May 24, 2021
Reporting directly to the Director, Accounting Services, the incumbent plays a pivotal role in the internal and external reporting of the University’s financial position and fiscal year end audits. They provide expertise and support in the development, implementation and enforcement of the University’s adherence with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, internal procedures and special projects.
- Oversee the year-end audit file, the preparation of the audited financial statements and provide support to the external auditors; prepare necessary quarterly & yearly analysis, while reviewing all internal and external reports prepared by the accounting services and financial reporting staff.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in financial reporting procedures, with regulations and University policies, ensures that the University is compliant and successfully passes audits; assess and resolve issues, should any non-compliance issues surface.
- Research and interpret accounting policy regulations for all accounting related issues within Financial Services and other University departments.
- Advise Sr. Management on regulatory policies and procedures in order to avoid occurrences of non-compliance.
- Supervise a team of professional staff, and control work activities for the financial reporting group.
- Review and approve journal vouchers entered by departments according to established guidelines.
- Review established procedures for the financial reporting team and issue recommendations for the enhancements of processes supporting the year end audited financial statements in collaboration with the with the Business Process Office,.
- Oversee the accounting data to ensure accurate and up-to date financial information including but not limited to inter-fund transfers.
- Prepare and review year-end files to facilitate the auditors’ work. Coordinate year-end processes, inform and assist in the audit of the financial statements and specific audit of “System d’information financière des Universités” (SIFU) from MES.
- As the primary resource, offer recommendations for the continuous improvement for fiscal year end efficiency and internal controls.
- Manage the financial reports (included but not limited to financial statements) and declaration d’Investissement.
- Authorize new GL accounts and new funding sources in the system and approve Functional areas on cost objects.
- Represent unit at internal and/or external meetings.
- Perform any other tasks related to proper functioning of Financial Services Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and over seven years of related experience, including at least two years in audit firm, and at least two years in a supervisory role.
- Professional accreditation as a CPA.
- Experience working in higher education desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Concordia policies and procedures is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards, including university and non-profit accounting practices (specifically Accounting Standards for not-for-profit organizations ASNPO)
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English and French in order to prepare documents for government purposes and to communicate internal policies
- Advanced knowledge of Word (in order to create complex documents), Excel (in order to work with complex spreadsheets and formulas) and database software
- Working knowledge of Financial Information Systems
- Strong analytical skills regarding complex accounts
- Outstanding organizational and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train, motivate and evaluate staff
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize and meet specific deadlines, to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly resourceful, with the capacity to make decisions independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff
$ 95,834.00-$ 111,155.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 24, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.