Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROJECT CONTROL OFFICER (C5603)
Deadline: May 10, 2021
This posting represents a full-time employment contract of 36 months.
Reporting to the Director, IT Architecture & Project Portfolio Management, the incumbent leads the standardization, evolution and implementation of the Project Management Office’s (PMO) processes. They will also support the Project Managers in the reporting to the CIO and Ministère.
- Support the Project Managers in developing and maintaining project plans, schedules (project plans, budget, resource planning, etc.) and status report in project dashboards.
- Improve, optimize and ensure PMO procedures and policies are executed and functioning.
- Support the ecosystem (Student & Alumni, Faculty & Research, Teaching & Learning) governance for the project portfolio management activities.
- Support the reporting being made to the Ministère (including SIGRI) for the main project executed as part of the IT PMO.
- Actively contribute to the PMO evolution (process, tools, etc.) including the acquisition of a project and portfolio management tools.
- Coordinate some IT Projects.
- Liaise with IT Administration, Treasury and Restricted Funds regarding Project Management funds and incremental asks.
- Communicate, support and socialize PMO IT best practices, processes, tools across the University project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Administration with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience, including two years as a Project Control Officer.
- Certification from the Project Management Institute (CAPM/PMP), ScrumAlliance (Agile, Safe, etc.), or Master’s in Project Management or equivalent, an asset.
- Experience in the improvement / implementation of a Project Management Office or involvement in a structured and mature Project Management Office.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Advanced knowledge of PM tools, PMO processes and Office 365 suite.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong facilitation skills; able to clarify and articulate issues, meeting outcomes, areas of focus, options.
- Demonstrated autonomy, initiative, accuracy and precision.
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills with a track record of preparing both detailed and management level reports.
- Perseverant, flexible, efficient.
$86,225 - $102,989 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 10, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.