Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT ACADEMIC SERVICES
ASSISTANT TO THE ASSOCIATE DEAN (P5975)
Deadline: May 6, 2021
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Student Academic Services, the incumbent ensures the efficient operation of the office; coordinates the activities of the Associate Dean; Student Academic Services. They also liaise with various departments in the faculty, services in the university, and other faculties.
- Schedules the Associate Dean and Director’s appointments and maintains the agenda, as well as prepares all related documents required for meetings and appointments, including correspondence.
- Organizes committee meetings which the Associate Dean chairs; transcribes the notes of the meetings; handles any follow-up, including regular meetings the Associate Dean may have with department chairs, committees etc.
- Monitors the daily correspondence in the Associate Dean’s office, including the Associate Dean’s electronic mail; responds to urgent messages in their absence. Upon request, drafts correspondence, for the Associate Dean and/or Director. Writes minutes or reports of meetings of Associate-Dean when required.
- Works closely with the Director and Associate Dean, in conjunction with other units.
- Maintains the office’s filing system per established guidelines.
- Monitors and assists with the daily operation of units reporting to the Associate Dean- e.g. staffing, budget, reporting, space requests, purchasing, etc. to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Compiles and provides reports for the Dean, Associate Dean and Manager.
- Coordinates a number of projects such as the Scholars’ Event and the Dean’s List.
- Oversees the set-up of the Student Request Committee – composition and meeting dates, as well as the files for SRC and URWC and the Honours Committee.
- Oversees content updates to the Student Academic Services website.
- Responsible for the set-up of new employees in the unit.
- Performs other duties in support of the unit.
- Diploma of College Studies (3-year technical DEC) in office technology or other field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of student academic services and university enrolment regulation related operations.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and English written; Basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken French.
- Good knowledge of standard office computer applications. Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to format letters, lists) and Excel (to create and format spreadsheets and perform calculations).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines; meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects concurrently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours when required.
$31.99 to $38.52 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 6, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.