Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRE
COORDINATOR, NEW STUDENT EVENTS AND PROGRAMMING (C5601)
Deadline: May 5, 2021
This posting represents a full-time one-year contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Services for New Students, the incumbent organizes signature events and ongoing programming (on-campus and virtual) hosted by the Services for New Students. They act as primary resource person responsible for the overall coordination and smooth running of the on-campus and virtual Orientation events.
- Design, plan, staff, implement, analyse and evaluate signature events hosted by the Services for New Students unit.
- Organize, instruct and communicate with stakeholders and campus partners relating to their involvement in new student events and programming.
- Liaise with Hospitality, Facilities and e-platform vendors to ensure required functions are carried out and desired event outcomes are attained for both virtual and on-campus signature events.
- Chair Concordia’s cross-departmental orientation planning committee.
- Coordinate and attend meetings.
- Recruit, train and supervise event volunteers and coordinate their work schedules. Ensure all volunteers meet our standards of excellence.
- Assign and manage event-related concepts, suppliers, casual staff and relevant departments to ensure event budget and desired results are met.
- Coordinate with First-year Support Counsellor and Welcome Crew supervisor to ensure appropriate planning, scheduling and logistics for the smooth delivery of unit programming.
- Monitor event and tour participant feedback and recommend program changes to improve the new student experience.
- Upkeep communication tools such as website, social media, virtual event platforms and coordinate content for event-related print/promotional materials.
- In collaboration with Manager, participate in and contribute to short- and long-term planning and strategic development of the unit.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree with one to two years of related experience and previous event planning experience.
- Experience working in higher education and/or dealing with the admission/new student experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s infrastructure, academic, administrative and hospitality practices and regulations is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively, to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts from varying backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple, varying tasks and work under pressure in a team environment.
- Strong planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours during peak periods.
$ 61,827- $ 73,832 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 5, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.