Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
PROJECT MANAGER (C4729)
Deadline: May 14, 2021
This posting represents a full-time five-year contract positions.
Reporting to the Manager, Renovation Projects, the incumbent manages a series of projects, including without limitations, the management of the following activities: project development, estimation, design, construction, equipment selection and installation, project costing, schedules, budgets and other related activities.
- Lead teams composed of internal clients and services, external contractors and professionals to the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Organize, oversee and inspect work during construction and renovation projects to ensure conformity with project requirements, specification, schedule and university procedures and rules of governance; use initiative and judgment to contain hazards (e.g. asbestos in buildings, fire hazards) or prevent the recurrence of any dangerous situation.
- Prepare project estimates, forecast and cost controls, including integration into University accounting systems; Prepare progress and status reports of projects and represent the department when needed.
- Manage a series of projects from the development, estimation and design phases, through implementation while keeping within schedules, specifications and budgets.
- Ensure documents required for tender and construction are complete, accurate and in conformity with University and government regulations.
- Contribute to the development of formal programs that improve project management procedures, best practices and skills (partnership programs, improved PM procedures, data and cost benches, quality programs, etc.).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of professionals and of contractors on different projects; manage contracts, including change orders.
- Obtain permits and authority approvals from provincial and municipal officials, and ensure project follow laws and regulations for government reporting.
- Coordinate and supervise department relocations associated with projects.
- Undertake other tasks as required or assigned by the Manager or the Director of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Engineering and four to seven years of related work experience in construction project management. Master in Project Management, an asset.
- Permit holding member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, the Ordre des Architectes du Québec, or another equivalent professional association.
- Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMP) and/or LEED professional certification, an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes, construction practices, laws and procedures, as well as experience preparing accurate construction cost estimates. Experience with institutional-educational projects, highly desirable.
- Track record managing projects on-time and on-budget while maintaining quality services.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written English and French in order to write reports and respond with sensitivity to queries and very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken English and French in order to communicate with the general public.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to format documents) and PowerPoint (to build presentations using a template). Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel (to create spreadsheets and prepare financial calculations). Experience using MS Project, E-mail, and the Internet.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Customer orientation with ability to anticipate potential problems and address them proactively.
- Strong business acumen, excellent judgment and negotiation skills.
$86,225 - $102,989 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 14, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities