Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE, FINANCIAL SERVICES
COORDINATOR, TRAVEL CARD AND REIMBURSEMENT (P5085B)
Deadline: April 28, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable, the incumbent administers and monitors the University’s corporate card program, as well as initiates and processes all electronic and foreign currency payments. He/she acts as a resource person providing technical expertise on the University’s corporate card program and on electronic payments in foreign and local currencies.
- Administer and monitor corporate card expenditures. Provide information, direction and support to faculty and staff, and liaise between the University, the corporate card supplier and the Procurement PCard administrator.
- Review and validate all corporate card expense reports and ensure compliance with the University’s policy on Travel, Procurement, Research and other relevant policies. Validate tax code by location indicators.
- Reconcile the balance-sheet account pertaining to this position as well as the University’s corporate card statement.
- Compile, organize, and analyze all statistical data related to the University Corporate Card program, and maintains a monthly statistic for this information, as required by the manager.
- Regularly communicate with the University community regarding updates on issues relating to the corporate travel card and foreign currency transactions.
- Liaise with the travel industry, negotiate with all travel and supplies and agents for corporate or preferred rates /disputes and resolve related transactional disputes, conflicts and problems.
- Undertake other tasks related to the efficient and effective functioning of the Financial Services Department as per the Manager.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in financial accounting or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience in a financial work environment.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English to effectively and fluently communicate with staff/faculty and vendors regarding work related questions and issues; basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken and written French to respond to work-related questions and issues.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure as part of a team and meet weekly deadlines.
- Experience working in a university environment.
$29.62 to $35.62 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 28, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities