Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ANALYST, TOTAL COMPENSATION (P5961)
Deadline: September 15, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Compensation, the incumbent performs a wide range of data categorization, analysis and data maintenance to support Concordia position and compensation programs and data integrity, as well as participates in HR special projects. They are a professional resource person providing specialized technical expertise, multi-year complex data analysis, integrated process design improvements and organization-wide management tools all in the area of total compensation.
- Gather, categorize and analyze total compensation data from source HR systems and create and maintain compensation reports (including planning and governance of changes) for various uses by HR team: Annualized Payroll Base Salary, Collective Agreement Negotiation and Costing scenarios, Total Compensation surveys and related statistical reports.
- Maintain compensation structure tables and data in the HRIS and ensures all reference materials available to Concordia community is updated in a timely fashion (Cspace, HR policies appendices, salary scales, etc.) Liaise with HR, Payroll, Faculty and IT.
- Maintain organizational structure tables and org data in the HRIS and ensure alignment with financial systems and tables, proactively identify anomalies/duplicates/entry errors and make corrections. Run quality tests (e.g. upon completion of mass salary increases).
- Analyze internal and external total compensation data, competitive information and participate in the job categorization and matching processes.
- Create and maintain a compensation function dashboard. Create tools, processes, and metrics to determine effectiveness of compensation systems.
- Recommend changes to manager with regards to internal processes, procedures, and forms to support total compensation process integration.
- Assist colleagues in their annual salary review deliverables during peak periods by validating data, documents and providing input to accomplish desired results (e.g. yearly increases).
- Participate in a variety of HR projects (e.g. Pay Equity exercise and maintenance, etc).
- Process ad-hoc and mass compensation uploads and or total compensation statement preparations.
- Act as backup to the Advisors and perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities, and four to seven years of human resources or costing experience of which at least two years are experience performing compensation and data analysis in a total compensation role.
- Membership in the Ordre des Conseiller en Ressources Humaines et Relation Industrielles, an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, ACCESS, and good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word and PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Strong problem solving, modeling and analytical skills essential for accurate and complex data compilation and costings.
- General knowledge of job market, compensation trends and compensation surveys.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; ability to prioritize projects/mandates.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Discretion with strong sense of confidentiality.
- Prior experience working on Pay equity and working in a unionized environment, highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the functionality of integrated HR / Pay systems (particularly SAP), an asset.
$ 76,748 – $ 89,007 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 15, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.