Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CONTROLS TECHNICIAN (P5952)
Deadline: April 13, 2021
This posting represents a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours of work per week (four-day workweek, 3 days from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and 1 day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
Reporting to the Technical and Mechanical Supervisor, the incumbent maintains various types of stationary machines and auxiliary equipment on both campuses.
- Maintain and repair control systems equipment to provide heating, ventilation, and refrigeration.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Prepare lists of materials in order to write-up estimates.
- Perform inspections, assessments, and reporting on various assets.
- Perform data entry with the latest technology in preventive maintenance.
- Respond to service calls and emergencies.
- Prepare and work on material; submit (for approval) requisition for materials and equipment.
- Assist the Engineering and Building Performance department with energy conservation programs and commissioning.
- Monitor building temperature and air quality.
- Repair and adjust system components such as detectors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replaced defective parts.
- Calibrate components and instruments according to the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Carry out schedule preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports.
- Install control and measurement instruments on new or existing equipment and integrate them into processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor (including cleaning of equipment and mechanical rooms).
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in Building Systems Engineering Technology, Engineering Technologies or Industrial Electronics and two years of work related experience.
- Health and Safety course(s) desirable.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to read and understand drawings, instructions, and technical manuals, and to respond to service calls.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create routine letters and memorandums) and of Excel (to enter data and print worksheets).
- Knowledge of Facilities Management systems: APOGEE (Siemens) and ORCAview (Regulvar) are assets.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; customer-service oriented.
- Valid driver’s license in Quebec.
- Ability to differentiate between colors as attested by successful completion of a Color Blind Test – Ishihara Plates.
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Will require enrollment in the University’s Hearing Conservation Program.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction. (e.g.: to lift, carry and move, without assistance, up to 23 kg (50lbs) and with assistance, up to 45kg (100lbs)).
$31.32 per hour Comprehensive set of benefits and pension plan, generous annual vacation policy. Easily accessible by public transit
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA - CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 13, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities