Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
OFFICE ASSISTANT, EQUITY OFFICE AND BLACK PERSPECTIVES OFFICE (P1964)
Deadline: April 8, 2021
Reporting to the Executive Director, Equity Office and the Manager, BPO, the incumbent provides administrative, logistical and scheduling support to the Equity Office and the Black Perspectives Office (BPO).
- Manage the office agendas of the Executive Director, Equity Office and the Manager, BPO ; schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; ensure relevant documentation is included (agenda, note sheets, action item sheets, e-mails, formal documentation, etc.) to support the daily activities of both Offices.
- Assist in updating the Equity Office and BPO web presence, newsletter updates and Annual Reports; assist in processes to regularly inform internal and external stakeholders on activities to build awareness and engage participation.
- Coordinate all travel arrangement plans as requested by the Executive Director, Equity Office and the Manager, BPO; prepare travel expense reports and monthly expense reports.
- Organize activities leading up to and following various meetings (agendas, notices, minutes, preparation of dossiers, and responses to inquiries); prepare and maintain associated files and correspondence
- Act as a resource person for faculty, students and staff for all general information related to both Offices.
- Compose and send general correspondence to faculty and staff.
- Process mail, maintain bulletin boards and order stationery supplies to ensure the efficiency of the day-to-day operations of the unit.
- Maintain “bring-forward and follow-up” systems for proper management of documents; organize and maintain files.
- Review, verify, process timesheet for casual employees and follow up on staff expense reports, corporate credit card, internal and interdepartmental expenses, and perform other functions in relation to financial administration; maintain the budget for both offices.
- Participate in team projects and other activities as required by the Executive Director, Equity Office and the Manager, BPO .
- Performs other duties in support of both offices.
- Attestation of College Studies and two-to-four years of related work experience.
- Good spoken and written English and French (Level 4) to communicate effectively with internal clients and external contact.
- Intermediate level: Word, Excel (to create and update complex documents and spreadsheets). Ability to work with Outlook and the Internet.
- A calm, welcoming, customer service-oriented, demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and effectively with senior officials and all of the diverse constituencies of the University community, as well as with diverse external communities and contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours.
$27.41 – $32.98 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 8, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities