Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER
ANALYST, FINANCING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT (P5968)
Deadline: March 29, 2021
Temporarily remote; must have the ability to work remotely, meaning he/she must have a stable internet connection and a suitable working space.
Reporting to the Director, Capital and Financing, and Manager, Corporate Risk, the incumbent provides accurate and data based analytics to support the University’s objectives to make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor trends and movements in various portfolios, which include without limitations, Corporate Risk, Treasury and Capital Investments. The incumbent serves as a resource person in their area of expertise.
- Monitor, analyze, settle, reconcile and record the University’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) program as well as integrate the EAM with the Capital budget.
- Manage and coordinate the incident/event/claim settlement, update the EAM and Business Resiliency database (Risk Management Information System and Maximo), as well as the day-to-day risk management and insurance support to internal clients, including inquiries about coverages, contract reviews and requests for certificates of insurance.
- Oversee the underwriting (i.e. due diligence, analysis) process of the leasing program with support of the Director, Capital and Financing, provide in-depth analysis and recommendations; monitor, analyze, settle, reconcile and record the University’s Leasing program.
- Monitor, promote, analyze, and handle the University´s Financial Fraud Response program.
- Monitor and analyze the working capital of the University.
- Monitor, analyze and validate the University´s cost of capital and short, medium and long term financing strategies.
- Update and validate financial databases, which relate to short, medium and long-term borrowings; Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks, to support management in making well-informed decisions.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Oversee the annual renewal of the insurance coverages and/or self-insurance capitalization program with support of the Manager, Corporate Risk, to whom the incumbent must provide in-depth analysis and recommendations.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the respective supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce with a specialization in Accounting or Finance or a field related to the primary responsibilities with a minimum of 2-4 years' of related work experience.
- Master´s Degree, CFA, MBA, CA or CRM (Canadian Risk Management Designation), is an asset.
- Good knowledge in the field of banking, financing, capital management, and/or risk management and insurance.
- Excellent financial analytical skills and familiarity with accounting principles.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using word-processing, spreadsheets, relational databases, financial reporting, statistical or other applications in order to compile, manipulate, process, and/or format data and reports.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies and administrative and information systems.
- Ability to interpret complex situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven customer focus and ability to analyze and solve difficult problems.
- A self-starter who works independently in a dynamic work environment through strong organizational, communication, planning and time management skills.
- Dynamic, detail-oriented, diligent, and effective influencer with can-do attitude to exercise initiative and handle several tasks and changing priorities; with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Availability to work on University premises when required, at times within a 2-hour time frame.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 29, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities