Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CAMPUS WELLNESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
COUNSELLOR, COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES (C5605)
Deadline: May 7, 2021
Repost. This posting represents a two-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Counseling & Psychological Services, the incumbent supports the developmental needs of Concordia students by offering psychological counselling, psychometric testing and psycho-educational groups and workshops.
- Provide individual/group counselling as defined by department policies and in accordance with provisions of the licensing bodies.
- Select, administer and interpret psychometric tests.
- Maintain client records in accordance with professional corporation guidelines, as well as those established through Counselling and Psychological Services.
- Deliver educational, psychological and life skills-training workshops.
- Consult with internal and external bodies and refer clients when necessary.
- Assist in the compilation of student retention and other counselling outcome research data.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, or related fields and two to four years of related work experience.
- Licensed Member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Must be in good standing with OPQ.
- Experience responding to diversity in mental health care. Knowledge of social and cultural determinants of mental health.
- Experience offering culturally appropriate interventions attending to ethnicity, racism and persistent and pervasive inequities.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French, in order to provide individual and group counselling to students and consult with internal and external clients, and to maintain client records and develop workshops and programs.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel, to work with documents and spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals as well as to give workshops.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside of normal operating hours.
$87,200.92 – $104,169.78 Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE438-18A and that the associated salary range is $87,200.92 – $104,169.78 per annum)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 7, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities