Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SPECIALIST, VENDOR INTEGRATION (P5971)
Deadline: March 18, 2021
During the current pandemic situation this position will be working from home until further notice.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Strategic Procurement, the incumbent devises strategies in collaboration with a cross-functional team and implements the strategies for the optimal integration of vendors into Concordia’s procurement system (SAP/ARIBA) maximizing the benefits to both the vendor and the University. He/she will work closely with Concordia’s vendor community as well as university end users, colleagues within the Procurement Services Department, Treasury, Accounts Payable and other stakeholders. The incumbent will be a key player in vendor performance and relationship management.
- Devise strategies in collaboration with a cross-functional team and implement the strategies for the optimal integration of vendors into Concordia’s procurement system (SAP/ARIBA) maximizing the benefits to both the vendor and the University.
- Devise and implement strategies to determine the most beneficial, efficient and user-friendly integration, ordering and distribution models of contracted goods and services by the university end user community, maximizing the use of electronic catalogues.
- Work with vendors to integrate punch-out catalogues into the procurement system (SAP/Ariba) and to maintain them. Liaise with other members of the procurement team to ensure that all products and services are available in the catalogues as required within the contract.
- Work with vendors to create in-house catalogues in Ariba that are easy to use and search and have a positive visual presence for the end user. Liaise with other members of the procurement team to ensure that all products and services are available in the catalogues as required within the contract.
- Ensure the integrity of vendor data and updates.
- Create and deliver clear communication for end users and stakeholders regarding new catalogues that are available.
- Provide end users with support for catalogue purchases as the expert on catalogue availability, and main contact for catalogue related questions.
- Create and implement process controls within catalogues to ensure that all catalogues are used by the end users, for the contracted goods and services.
- Approve and process requests to create or modify vendor master data profiles, ensuring that all information requirements, such as those from Treasury, have been incorporated.
- Provide guidance to Concordia’s vendors, as the main point of contact.
- Create and implement vendor training opportunities.
- Represent the Procurement Services Department at various meetings.
- Perform other duties as required by the Associate Director, Strategic Procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Administration or in other fields pertinent to the primary responsibilities, with 4 to 7 years of related work experience within a procurement department with vendor relationship and stakeholder communication and collaboration responsibilities. Experience working in an integrated computerized environment.
- Experience working in a University Environment and/or working with LCOP (Loi sur les Contrats des Organismes Publics) regulations, highly desirable.
- Procurement certifications an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English (level 4) to communicate with clients, stakeholders and vendors, write correspondence and reports, prepare, and offer training. Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French to communicate with vendors.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel (to create and modify spreadsheets and charts and to enhance worksheets) and Word to create and format documents.
- Good knowledge of procurement information systems applications; knowledge and work experience with SAP/Ariba an asset.
- Excellent negotiation skills and sound business judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client service focus; ability to work independently and in a team environment and to interact effectively with internal and external communities.
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and to perform well under pressure.
$78,948.68 - $94,307.60 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 18, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities