Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE, STUDENT ACADEMIC SERVICES
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (P2944B-P1899)
Deadline: March 12, 2021
This posting represents two full-time maternity leave replacements effective until May 1, 2022.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Academic Services, the incumbent evaluates applications for graduate admission and acts as an advisor and resource person for students, faculty, staff, external bodies and organizations for matter relating to graduate admissions according to the standards and procedures defined by the university and the School.
- Review and adjudicate student applications for admission to the faculty’s graduate programs and apply relevant policies, practices and procedures to the admissions processes and all related activities.
- Provide prompt and appropriate admissions decisions to applicants as well as process admissions-related requests, such as transfer requests, entrance scholarships awards etc.
- Provide information to current, former and prospective students and other university stakeholders on university and faculty policies, practices and procedures as it relates to graduate admissions.
- Research educational credentials, systems and schools world-wide and provide information to prospective students and other internal and external stakeholders where appropriate; Make recommendations regarding trends, best practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with the student recruitment team and participate in local recruitment activities and events.
- Identify process and procedural challenges and contribute to finding efficiencies and improvements.
- Counsel/support/train departmental advisors, chairs, graduate program directors, staff members and the student population pro-actively about academic programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintain liaison with internal stakeholders (e.g. departments, service units) and external stakeholders (e.g., professional organizations).
- Represent the Faculty on committees as required.
- Perform other duties in support of Student Academic Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to four years of admissions-related work experience in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of Canadian and international educational systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students and to draft correspondence and documentation.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment, an asset.
- Experience in making effective decisions and dealing well with ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high volume area and to respond to change; proven experience working in a fast paced, high pressure team environment.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work extended hours outside normal operating hours.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 12, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities