Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
PROJECT MANAGER (C5589)
Deadline: February 24, 2021
This posting represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director Architecture and Project Portfolio Management, the incumbent oversees the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of large and complex IT projects. He/she manages medium to large teams of more than 10 as well as multiple sponsors and stakeholders and he manages projects that typically span over 12 months.
- Manage operational projects of a value of more than $1M from the pre-implementation, implementation and post-implementation phases while respecting timelines and budgets.
- Ensure project deliverables are complete, accurate and distributed to all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate work of implementation and core teams to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Manage project budget.
- Organize meetings with implementation and core teams and track issues list and action items and conduct quality assurance on completed tasks.
- Chart progress and prepares status reports of projects.
- Contribute to the development of formal programs that improve project management procedures, best practices and skills (partnership programs, improved PM procedures, data and cost benches, quality programs, etc).
- Evaluate the effectiveness of professionals in implementation and core teams.
- Deliver reports on project performance to the Project Steering Committee (PSC), manage project risks, and inform proactively the PSC of any risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and more than seven years’ experience with managing large-scale IT projects
- Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMP)
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, conflict management and change management.
- Proficient in project management software.
- Strong communications, leadership, critical-thinking, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Highly adept at planning (short and long terms) and organizing.
- Team player.
$103,528.00 – $120,074.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 24, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities