Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH
OFFICER, RESEARCH GRANTS (P5967)
Deadline: February 22, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Research Grants, the incumbent assists in the overall administration and processing of research grants and related programs and processes, both internal and external.
- Respond to queries from researchers regarding major federal and provincial funding agencies’ regulations and procedures; verify grant applications to ensure they are complete and meet agency guidelines; process external and internal grant applications.
- Prepare notices of award, of change and of closure for external and internal research accounts; administer transfers from general research funds; administer the distribution of funds from central accounts using the Office of Research database ConRAD.
- Update and maintain Office of Research internal databases.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and audits as required by funding agencies, regulatory bodies and/or internal quality assurance representatives.
- Assist with gathering and compiling data for the SSHRC Institutional Grant and CASA Distribution and activity report, and various others as required.
- Liaise with Advancement and Alumni Relations on the processing and management of research donations.
- Bachelor's degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and one to two years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English in order to respond to inquiries and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English in order to draft correspondence. Knowledge of spoken and written French an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, ACCESS and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, identify priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude, problem solving skills and customer service minded.
$57,333.96- $68,475.98 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities