Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MANAGER, HR SHARED SERVICES (C4720)
Deadline: April 30, 2021
This posting represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, HR Shared Services, the incumbent provides expertise, support and services to the University community, in the area of shared services. He/she assists the Director with goals and objectives and oversees the management of the Payroll Service and Administration related to benefits and data coordination.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of operations within the employee services and payroll units including setting strategic and operational goals, coordination of planning activities, overseeing the delivery of programs and services and managing daily operations.
- Oversee the processing of a complex payroll function; plan, oversee and ensure that all year-end tax reporting is prepared and processed.
- Manage the human resources and development needs of payroll staff within the HR Shared Services unit.
- Assist with hiring of HR Shared Services staff. Along with Director, hire, train and evaluate direct reports of unit; resolve performance concerns as they arise.
- Assist the Director, HR Shared Services with the development of payroll administration guidelines, operation practices, and work instructions.
- Ensure that shared services procedures, guidelines and operation practices and work instructions, conform to federal, provincial, and university regulations and/or laws.
- Ensure a customer service approach in all dealings with internal and external clients; develop, recommend and implement a customer service focus, including employee self-services and develop and maintains policies and procedures for the service areas.
- Participate in the implementation of new HRIS/Payroll, data management and benefits support processes and systems.
- Liaise with federal and provincial government agencies in regard to income tax related issues and other matters.
- Assist shared services staff to ensure that the financial related requirements are met, including audits from both internal and external bodies in collaboration with Financial Services.
- Maintain close working relationship with other HR and University units by involving them in decisions that impact them.
- Effective and timely communication to units and/or employees regarding changes and/or major issues that will impact them.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the HR Shared Services unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience in payroll, including experience supervising payroll staff
- Previous experience in an academic setting a definite asset.
- Canadian Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or working towards such designation. As a PCP, is willing to work towards becoming a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM).
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and spoken French in order to communicate with internal and external bodies and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies, and administrative information systems.
- Advanced knowledge of General Accounting and Auditing Principles and provincial and federal government tax requirements.
- Familiarity with University’s financial and human resources systems, general accounting, and purchasing procedures is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated and a proven track record for successfully administering a large-scale service and improving mechanisms for delivering quality and effective service.
$ 88,801- $ 102,986 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 30, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.