Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FINANCIAL AID AND AWARDS OFFICE (FAAO)
ADVISOR, FINANCIAL AID AND PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION (P1968)
Deadline: February 3, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Student Financial Assistance, the incumbent acts as an advisor and resource person to students, parents, staff, faculty, government funding agencies and financial institutions. He/she is required to administer a wide variety of student financial aid program reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interview, evaluate and advise students and/or communities of students on government and office policies pertaining to financial aid; Provide in-depth assistance to students’ financial aid portfolios by analyzing student dossiers and effects appropriate changes with government agencies; Inform and assist students in preparing applications for funding or appeals to government agencies and a personal budget.
- Maintain liaison with government and internal contacts regarding financial aid to students; Advocate on the student’s behalf when necessary and refer them to other units or external agencies when appropriate.
- Disburse government financial assistance to students and claim funds where applicable.
- Analyze student’s eligibility for emergency loans and other financial assistance; disburse funds.
- Facilitate case analysis and discussion; Ensure his/her superior is regularly advised of issues and concerns related to clients; Monitor student cases which have been identified as being in financial difficulty or whose file is complex and requires follow-up.
- Promote financial wellness when advising students.
- Administers confirmation of enrolment reporting requirements for student financial aid programs; Prepare, update and confirm individual student financial aid calculations and university cost codes for student financial aid providers; Compile and analyze statistics and trends on student financial aid issues.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree and two or four years of direct experience working in a financial aid and awards environment, working directly with both students and government funding agency personnel, direct experience working within complex programs to minimize financial risk to students.
- Following highly desirable: work experience as a financial advisor, working with financial databases, customer service experience, working in an academic setting.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports. Knowledge of additional languages, an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel and basic knowledge of PowerPoint to create presentations. Knowledge of Access, desirable.
- Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to deal assertively but politely with individuals.
- Experience in dealing compassionately with individuals in sometimes difficult personal situations.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours during peak periods.
- Ability to act as a Commissioner of Oaths.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 3, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities