Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DATA MODELER -ANALYTICS (C1996)
Deadline: September 22, 2021
This position represents an indeterminate full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Application Portfolio Management, the incumbent acts as technical leader for elaborating, documenting and maintaining the data models/structures of the institutional data space shared data space supporting Concordia University’s business intelligence and analytics requirements. They support the project teams in the translation of business requirements into logical data models, source to target mapping, required ETL to optimize the data movement and definition and publication of data marts.
- Analyze and translate business needs into solution data analytics models (models, transformation, enrichment, etc.) according to the Data Architecture.
- Develop and maintain best practices for data coding (ETL, DAX, SQL, etc.) required for data movement, transformation, and data view development.
- Work with project teams to create conceptual data models / data flows and support in the data movement and transformation requirements.
- Collaborate with project teams to create, implement and document views/data marts/cubes to be used for self-service report/ dashboard.
- Work on data views implementation and documentation reviews.
- Update and optimize local and metadata models.
- Evaluate implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and optimize data systems.
- Support the project teams in the documentation of the metadata information.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field with five to seven years of experience in data models compliant with non-functional enterprise requirements, such as security, modelling and performance guidelines
- Five years of hands-on experience with analytics data modelling – data warehouse, data marts, data lakes and creation of data infrastructure - such as views, ETL usage, data ingestion, etc.
- Data scientists’ concepts, tools and environments including R and Python programming language desirable.
- Familiar with the higher education landscape in Canada and Quebec is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages such as SQL, DAX and MDX.
- Expert knowledge of metadata management, documentation and related tools.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French and English.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership and customer service focus.
- Works on multiple initiatives simultaneously and managing conflicting priorities.
- Experience with cloud-based analytics services Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience with data modeling tools.
$88,467- $105,667 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.