Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ANALYTICS DATA ARCHITECT (C1993)
Deadline: January 21, 2021
This position represents an indeterminate full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director Architecture and Innovation, the incumbent acts as a technical leader in analytics and data architecture, who is responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of the Institutional Data Space supporting Concordia University’s business intelligence and analytics requirements. He/she serves as an expert in his or her field and a reference in terms of expertise for other team members.
- Develop, implement and maintain an institutional data space framework including architecture principles, practices and patterns to ensure an institutional approach and usage in alignment with the enterprise architecture.
- Architect and implement data protection / confidentiality mechanisms as assigned by the information security team and or guidelines.
- Develop and maintain high level data model of the data lake and the data warehouse.
- Support policies and procedures enforced by the data governance committee to ensure best practices of data architecture including accountability, governance, and requirements.
- Collaborate with project teams to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and validate deployment.
- Develop architectural strategies for data modelling, architecture and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, data stores and Extract Transform Load environments.
- Review data architectures proposed by projects to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives and framework.
- Develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas.
- Research new technologies, data modelling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into company data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones.
- Contribute with the institutional data space solution architect in the evolution and the management of the platforms including strategies to optimize the service costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field with a minimum of five years' experience in a similar role.
- Advanced analytics / data scientist tools and environments knowledge is an asset.
- Familiar with the higher education landscape in Canada and Quebec desirable.
- Strong and proven experience with analytics platforms (data lake, data warehouse, data marts, ETL, data modelling, governance, etc.)
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well with other professionals
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership and customer service focus.
- Works on multiple initiatives simultaneously and managing conflicting priorities.
- Experience with cloud based analytics services.
- Experience with Power BI and Tableau.
$ 86,225.00- $ 102,989.00 Per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 21, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.