Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SOLUTION ARCHITECT –INSTITUTIONAL DATA SPACE (C1990)
Deadline: January 21, 2021
This position represents an indeterminate full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director Architecture and Innovation, the incumbent acts as a technical leader for the architecture, design, maintenance and evolution of the institutional data space supporting Concordia University’s business intelligence and analytics requirements. He/she serves as an expert in his or her field and a reference in terms of expertise for other team members.
- Lead the architecture, design and maintenance of the institutional data space.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date solution architecture documentation and support related development activities (IT and non-IT).
- Ensure the alignment of the institutional data space solution with enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Develop and maintain an evolution roadmap aligned with the stakeholders’ vision.
- Actively contribute to business case and projects by assessing impacts and evaluate evolution on the institutional data space.
- Ensure that the institutional data space meet the quality criteria (availability, performance, cost, etc.).
- Keep up to date with the underlying technologies and best practices used to implement the institutional data space.
- Participate in the various committees including Centre of Excellence and data governance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field with a minimum of seven years' experience in a similar role including resource coordination.
- Higher education / public sector experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of an architecture framework (ex. Togaf, Zachman, 4+1 View, etc.) desirable.
- Knowledge of cloud-based analytics services desirable.
- Experience in designing and implementing BI Analytics solutions.
- Experience with cloud environments.
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well with other professionals.
- Interest in strategic thinking/discussions and ability to consider the holistic context of the solution.
- Capacity to make decisions with high-level information.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership and customer service focus.
- Works on multiple initiatives simultaneously and managing conflicting priorities.
$ 86,225.00- $ 102,989.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 21, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities