Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCE
FACULTY AFFAIRS OFFICER (P5943)
Deadline: March 23, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Development and Faculty Operations, Faculty of Arts & Science (FAS), the incumbent provides administrative leadership and support to the Dean by coordinating faculty member’s dossiers including (but not limited to) the recruitment, hiring and retention process for full-time faculty and the search for academic unit chairs/principals. He/she plans, analyzes and compiles data required for various internal and external dossiers in the Dean’s Office.
- Ensure all aspects of the full-time faculty recruitment, hiring and retention are in accordance with the Concordia University Faculty Association (CUFA) collective agreement as well as University and Faculty policies; maintain accurate records of past hires with relevant information.
- Provide information to the Dean on dossiers for negotiations and is accountable for the accuracy of the official memorandum and communications sent by the Dean.
- Advise and guide the Dean, Department chairs, unit directors, and department administrators on the application and best practices of internal and external policies, Faculty processes, regulations, and the CUFA collective agreement for hiring Tenure-Track, Canada Research Chairs, Limited Term Appointments and Extended Term Appointments.
- Organize regular FAS events such as New Faculty member reception and orientation and special Dean’s Initiatives, Recognition awards and prizes for professors.
- Coordinate, with the appropriate office, training sessions pertaining to hiring as needed for Academic Unit Chairs, members of departmental committees and non-academic staff members involved in assisting the search process.
- Participate in the preparation of dossiers for the appointment of Associate Deans and the Salary Review Committee (SARC).
- Oversee and supports searches for academic units Chairs and Principals and is accountable for compliance to the rules and procedures.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new academic hires in collaboration with appropriate offices.
- Gather, analyze and synthesize data for special projects and initiatives.
- Participate in the Associate Deans and Directors’ meetings as well as Department Chairs meetings; capture key information as action points for follow up in terms of execution and implementation.
- Interface regularly with counterparts in other Faculties and with relevant partners in the Provost office and in Office of the VP, Research and Graduate Studies.
- Participate in operational planning of the Dean’s Office.
- Participate as needed to any other areas of activities deemed appropriate and necessary by the Dean or the Senior Director, Strategic Development and Faculty Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with two to four years of pertinent work experience, working in an academic setting.
- Prior experience using a human resources information system is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience applying University and Faculty policies and procedures desirable.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French for the crafting of correspondence as well as the provision and interpretation of detailed information. Ability to deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to handle several dossiers concurrently; ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to work autonomously based on an on-going understanding of goals and priorities of the FAS.
- Strong ability to exercise initiative, discretion, tact, judgment, and diplomacy in all interactions associated with the function of this position; keen awareness of political and cultural sensitivities required.
- Meticulous attention to detail; excellent communication skills.
$ 72,783.89- $ 86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 23, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities