Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
IT SECURITY ANALYST (C1980)
Deadline: September 21, 2020
This represents a full-time indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Security Services, the incumbent manages the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of information security. He/She is responsible for, the physical protection of assets, information technology access control systems and information protection, which includes network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies.
- Participate to solution architecture reviews and ensure security requirements are met.
- Perform IT security audits and lead vulnerability assessment; monitor and audit corrective action plans.
- Define IT security standards.
- Monitor IT security risks and produce reports (e.g. risk report, monthly dashboards).
- Monitor external technology security risks (e.g. virus vulnerabilities) and review technology trends.
- Develop a set of information security policies.
- Build and maintain an information security awareness program.
- Setup a security incident response team and review procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Provide security-monitoring procedures and ensure IT staff monitor systems on a regular basis.
- Participate in the implementation of an IT disaster recovery plan (DRP). Participate in the DRP annual tests.
- Identify objectives and metrics consistent with the strategic plan.
- Work with outside consultants when required for independent security audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with at least five years of related work experience.
- Security professional certification (e.g. SSCP, CISSP, GIAC or other recognized security certification) highly desirable.
- Experience with O365 Security and Compliance functionality and Azure Information Protection highly desirable.
- Knowledge of international security standards and best practices (ISO27001, FISMA), Quebec (“Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels”) and Canadian law (Privacy Act, PIPEDA) highly desirable.
- Experience working with and/or configuring network appliances and firewalls, Application/Stateful/UTM firewalls, Web content filtering, Web application firewalls (WAF), IPS/IDS, Wireless Security an asset.
- Experience managing and maintaining SIEMs
- Knowledge of Window/Apple/Unix/Linux system administration in a networked environment.
- Knowledge of network technologies.
- Ability to maintain absolute discretion about IT security incidents.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills; committed to working in a structured environment where teamwork is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining harmonious relations with co-workers.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Able to work with various investigation bodies.
$86,225 - $102,989 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 21, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities