Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR, STUDENTS (C5578)
Deadline: September 21, 2020
This posting represents a two-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, Students, the incumbent is a resource person managing, leading and executing communications projects. He/she provides technical expertise in communications and is actively involved in the promotion of key messages through social media outlets. The incumbent writes and researches designated publication materials, including but not limited to headlines, subheads, blurbs, photo captions, stories, letters, speeches, reports, digital signage, social media and web postings, ensuring that all materials are clear, well-written and appropriately target the intended audience.
- Develop/write, execute and coordinate the production of student content and materials including but not limited to e-newsletters, targeted emails, videos, social media, Concordia website, ads and print in consultation with University stakeholders. Oversee project timelines and production schedules.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, develop, execute and implement communications plan for projects, initiatives and events targeting current students, ensuring that stakeholders across the University are informed of such plans.
- Write news stories and articles for Concordia’s NOW e-newsletter and CRM and other print and web publications.
- Meet on a regular basis with the key decision makers across the University as well as with other UCS communications advisors in order to develop a close working relationship and to be abreast of all new student-related developments requiring communications support.
- Make updates to the Concordia website, in areas that pertain to students including but not limited to the Concordia hub, /academics as per UCS requests, and in a proactive manner in line with annual communications plan / High Impact Plan.
- Conduct competitive and comparative analysis, develop benchmarks, and identify best practices.
- Assist University Advancement colleagues in communications initiatives as directed by supervisors.
- Develop and implement return on investment measures for evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and communication activities.
- Act as UCS representative at institutional events such as convocation, able to relay information on any unforeseen circumstances.
- Prepare news / research releases and information for the media and distribute information by hard copy or electronically. Draft news briefs such as appointment notices, research awards and other items of general interest for distribution to external media.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director, Student Communications, UCS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Commerce (Marketing), or a related field; and two to four years of experience in communications.
- Fluently bilingual with very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to prepare press releases, speeches and other official communication in both official languages.
- Demonstrated skills in interviewing, writing, copywriting, editing, and proofreading.
- Full understanding of social media platforms.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superior communications, writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- In-depth knowledge of educational environment with particular emphasis on students’ needs and concerns.
- Demonstrated organizational and project-management skills, with track record for meeting tight deadlines, providing proactive responses, and performing well under pressure.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with large volumes output expectations.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; developed sense of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when required.
$ 72, 783.89- $ 86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 21, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities