Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (C1981)
Deadline: September 10, 2020
This position represents a one year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Programs, the incumbent provides expertise in instructional design and development of new program and course curriculum, and on the revision of existing programs and course curriculum and e-learning modules. He/she will develop the assigned projects from proposals to readiness for course delivery.
- Lead the needs analysis and synthesis of research to identify learning outcomes, learner profiles and recommend delivery mode for new offers and changes to existing CCE programs; apply quality standards to identify opportunities for improvement to existing courses or e-learning modules.
- Work with subject matter experts to form learning objectives, develop curriculum, and plan programs from ideation to implementation; design instructional design tools to facilitate projects.
- Apply relevant pedagogical principles in course planning and strategy; ensure course and learning outcomes are identified and reflected in online, blended and F2F offerings as well as making recommendations and designs for delivery in online learning in synchronous and asynchronous learning.
- Design and develop new online courses and/or e-learning modules including interactive components, based on program-based decisions and capabilities of Concordia University’s learning management system (Moodle).
- Review and revise content based on testing / performance validations, course evaluation analysis, and coordinate activities to gather feedback from stakeholders; participate and coordinates in frequent brainstorming, research, and user experience exercises. Engage in the evaluation, data collection, and reporting of program impact and success
- Identify and develop tools to train instructors and subject-matter experts as required in the use of educational technologies in F2F, online and blended instructional environments.
- Coordinate the planning, support and roll out of new and revised programs.
- Work on other special projects as may be assigned.
- Master's Degree in Educational Technology or a Master’s Degree in a cognate field and two to four years of work experience in industry in training, performance evaluation, implementation and evaluations of systems and processes, and/or in post-secondary adult education, in curriculum development and e-learning for continuing education in particular.
- Recent and related experience working with various educational technologies, instructional design delivery for adult learners in higher education; Experience supporting, designing, developing, and producing educational resources and instructional materials to support online and face-to-face learning environments.
- Experience in working within the ADDIE framework.
- Experience with technologies such as learning management systems, lecture capture technologies, webcasting technologies, video-conferencing, computer-based assessment technologies, collaboration tools, and content management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, decision-making, interpersonal, and problem solving skills planning and project management skills.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French in order to write reports, to give and interpret detailed information, explanations, and instructions and deal with people in situations that require accurate use of both languages.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Ability to lead a team and foster a positive teamwork environment.
- Ability to work extended hours throughout the year.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 10, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities