Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE VICE-PROVOST DIGITAL STRATEGY AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
CHANGE MANAGEMENT LEAD (C1963)
Deadline: September 10, 2020
This position represents a one year full-time contract position (possibility of renewal)
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the incumbent plays a lead role in integrating change management activities for the assigned IT and Digital project plans in collaboration with the associated project managers. He/she leads activities that will support leadership alignment and engagement.
- Develop a change management strategy using stakeholder analysis, impact assessments, change journeys, and capabilities assessments in collaboration with project managers.
- Lead leadership alignment and engagement using workshop activities and check-ins.
- Develop stakeholder engagement and communications strategies for each stakeholder group and identify change network agents (champions) in collaboration with project managers and University Communication Services (UCS).
- Develop training strategies and identify material needs, including post go-live reference materials, for each stakeholder group based on capabilities assessments in collaboration with project managers and IT training services.
- Define people readiness and adoption criteria, determine readiness check points for each stakeholder group, and plan mitigation measures if targets are not being met.
- Work with other available project resources and integrate them into the larger change management strategy.
- Participate in Digital Strategy and IT governance committees to advise on project prioritization by speaking to the level of change in the impacted areas relative to other initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and over seven years of experience in communications, training development, project management, or a related field.
- Change Management Professional designation (e.g., Prosci certification) is an asset.
- Experience with the ADKAR model for change management and Familiar with user-centered design (UCD) and user-experience (UX) concepts and methodologies are assets.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies in the context of IT and Digital project implementations.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of French, spoken and written.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (Use advanced formatting, track changes, and comments), Excel (Create, modify, format pivot tables and charts) and PowerPoint (Work with the Office Suite to create slides from an Outline).
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex ideas clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organizations.
$86,225.00 - $102,989.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 10, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities