Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE VICE-PROVOST DIGITAL STRATEGY AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
CHANGE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (C1979)
Deadline: October 22, 2020
This position represents a one year full-time contract position (possibility of renewal)
Reporting to the Change Management Lead, Digital Strategy, the incumbent plays a supporting role in implementing change management activities for the assigned IT and Digital project plans in collaboration with the associated project managers. He/she supports change activities and collaborates with communication and training specialists in executing communication and training plans.
- Support the change management strategy and stakeholder analysis, impact assessments, change journeys, and capabilities assessments in collaboration with project managers.
- Assist and coach managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through change transitions.
- Support the communication strategy by providing the project communications advisors with key messages as well as some of the communication material ready for approval and ensuring timeline delivery.
- Support the training strategies by collaborating with training coordinators to ensure training is fully integrated into the project plan and delivered on time.
- Monitor people readiness and adoption targets following readiness check points for each stakeholder group and enact mitigation measures if targets are not being met.
- Work with other available project resources and integrate them into the larger change management strategy.
- Attends project team meetings to coordinate and report on project change management activities and advise on any issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and over three years of experience in communications, training development, project management, or a related field.
- Change Management Professional designation (e.g., Prosci certification) is an asset.
- Experience with the ADKAR model for change management and Familiar with user-centered design (UCD) and user-experience (UX) concepts and methodologies are assets.
- Experience and knowledge of change-management principles and methodologies in the context of IT and Digital project implementations.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of French, spoken and written.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (Use advanced formatting, track changes, and comments), Excel (Create, modify, format pivot tables and charts) and PowerPoint (Work with the Office Suite to create slides from an Outline).
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex ideas clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organizations.
$72,677.00 - $86,799.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 22, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities