Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMINISTRATOR, LEASE (P5914)
Deadline: September 2, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Capital, Rental and Operating Budgets, the incumbent manages, markets and negotiates all new leases and lease renewals of commercial spaces where Concordia is landlord. He/she is also responsible for the management and negotiation of Concordia’s space needs as a tenant and manages and leads day-to-day lease issues in accordance with University standards, policies & procedures.
- Manage, negotiate, analyze and complete offers to lease and lease documents.
- Establish and review the budget (Concordia as a tenant or as a landlord) based on leases, operating costs and tenant requests, in conjunction with property managers.
- Ensure that the portfolio mix and marketing plan meet existing and future University needs.
- Develop and implement new policies related to leasing activities and procedures to improve efficiency and profitability.
- Conduct rental market evaluations.
- Meet with 3rd part service providers and supervise, escort and assist in maintenance activities.
- Communicate new lease information to pertinent stakeholders; Ensure proper transfer of lease information to individuals and ensure integration of information in lease management systems.
- Lead broker relationships and all real estate searches in new and existing markets to meet Concordia University real estate portfolio needs.
- Assist in planning interruptions including communicating details to affected individuals.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders (both internal and external) to facilitate leasing arrangements and tenant improvement work.
- Establish market data on rents, land prices and building costs. Manage a network of business partnerships and relationships with landlords, contractors and associations that can be leveraged for real estate deals, construction and renovation projects & TI's.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of experience in commercial leasing management.
- Member of the Organisme d'autoréglementation du courtage immobilier du Québec (OACIQ).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills (ability to recommend conclusions with applicable back up to support conclusion), includes having a level of comfort in situations where some details are left undetermined, and solutions can be driven forward from those situations.
- Strong desire to learn and collaborate.
- Experience working in an integrated computerized environment
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate with clients, write correspondence and reports, good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French to communicate with tenants and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French to write routine correspondence.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word (Microsoft office suite).
- Excellent negotiation skills and sound business judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and in a team environment and to interact effectively with internal and external communities
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and to perform well under pressure.
$ 78,948.68 - $ 94,307.60 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 2, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities