Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
SENIOR LEAD, PARTNERSHIPS AND CITIES (P5919)
Deadline: August 27, 2020
Reporting to the Vice-Provost, Partnerships and Experiential Learning, the incumbent develops opportunities and brokers partnerships that result in experiential learning opportunities and collaborative projects for Concordia faculty and students, with a particular emphasis on cities. The incumbent will build strong relationships and networks within the Concordia community, create dynamic programming and activities around urban themes, and actively cultivate collaborative partnerships that advance the Concordia community’s priorities and interests.
- Identify, assess, and initiate partnerships with University stakeholders, business and industry, government agencies, international organizations, foundations, and community groups focused on creating 1) a dynamic cities cluster, and 2) developing experiential learning opportunities.
- Actively liaise with internal stakeholders who initiate and maintain relationships with government, industry, international and community partners. Redirect opportunities to internal offices and groups as needed.
- Organize and attend outreach and networking activities, and industry events in collaboration with Faculties and the Vice-Provost, Partnerships and Experiential Learning.
- Identify and support experiential learning opportunities and engage external partners to collaborate and co-create these opportunities.
- Working with the Lead, Strategic Initiatives and coordinating with leaders of other cities-related initiatives on campus, plan, organize and facilitate events, workshops, speakers’ series and other activities.
- Plan communications for initiatives and opportunities, develop online tools, materials, and resources and develop reports on initiatives to university leadership and the Concordia community.
- Represent the University and the Vice-Provost, Partnerships and Experiential Learning on relevant internal and external committees and at relevant events and activities.
- Convene and lead cross-institutional teams of faculty, staff, and students to develop and execute projects and initiatives.
- Take on additional initiatives and projects as assigned by the Vice-Provost, Partnerships and Experiential Learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four to seven years of experience in a related field. Experience in a university environment and/or working with government, an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of government and industry, with established networks.
- Demonstrated understanding of educational, administrative and operational systems and cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collegially with external and internal stakeholders, including students, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders, as well as to create internal and external partnerships and networks.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written French and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English.
- Possess sound judgment and discretion.
$ 78,948.68 - $ 94,307.60 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 27, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities