Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST
LEAD, EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING (P5920)
Deadline: August 26, 2020
Reporting to the Vice-Provost, Partnerships and Experiential Learning, the incumbent works with Faculties and other academic units, students and partners, to develop, support, promote and implement Experiential Learning (EL) programs and provide support as needed for ongoing initiatives.
- Identify and coordinate EL offerings, including planning, development, promotion and implementation; manage the activities of the Vice-Provost, including operations and follow-ups, and the scheduling and resource management of special projects and initiatives.
- Provide project services related to cost, promotion, resources, schedule and performance; prepare project reviews and verify expense reports; research and collect data from internal and/or external constituents as requested by the Vice-Provost.
- Work with departments and faculties to develop processes and best practices for new EL opportunities and to disseminate information and promote information sharing.
- Work with other units internally to update and maintain EL inventory; collaborate externally with other units to canvas EL opportunities.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external constituents; this involves interfacing with a wide variety of individuals, researching on a wide variety of topics, compilation and maintenance of files, analysis, evaluation and synthesis of data and information.
- Maintain Experiential Learning website and work with the University Communications Services on all communications relating to EL programming.
- Track and report back on EL metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field and two to four years of relevant work experience, ideally in an executive office or in a university environment dealing with project coordination, financial management and relationship development with faculty, senior management and support personnel.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s infrastructure and academic & administrative practices and regulations is an asset.
- Experience in maintaining a website is desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English and French in order to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, take minutes and deal with complex situations.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe and Outlook.
- Demonstrated professionalism, rigor, diligence and is action oriented by seizing opportunities and avoiding risks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer-service focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, team-building, and influencing skills.
$ 67,407.32 - $ 80,514.58 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 26, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities