Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
HUMAN RESOURCES, EMPLOYEE AND LABOUR RELATIONS
SENIOR ADVISOR, INVESTIGATIONS -EMPLOYEE AND LABOUR RELATIONS (C5577)
Deadline: April 30, 2021
This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Employee and Labour Relations (ELR), the incumbent investigates complaints of sexual violence of any form (misconduct, harassment, etc), psychological harassment, discrimination or any other work related misconduct involving employees, including preparation of findings.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations as assigned by the Executive Director, ELR, on work place related complaints, such as: any form of sexual violence (including misconduct, harassment, etc), psychological harassment, discrimination, and any other type of misconduct complaints; analyze evidence and prepare findings, including investigative reports as appropriate.
- Ensure all involved in the investigation process are treated with respect and dignity.
- Make recommendations regarding interim measures that may be required during an investigation.
- Communicate with the designated University Liaison Officer throughout the investigation to provide information regarding the status of the investigation.
- Develop and conduct investigative action plans which includes inviting parties and witnesses to meetings.
- Demonstrate best practices when communicating with parties or witnesses while taking into account the nature of the complaints.
- Liaise with all involved parties and stakeholders to gather information for investigations.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, ELR, collaborate to prioritize complaints received.
- Liaise with the Investigation Management Team (IMT) as and when required.
- Provide education and training regarding best practice investigative standards as required.
- Identify trends and patterns requiring further investigation, education or information.
- Prepare annual and other reports as required by the (IMT) or the Executive Director.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree of civil Law or other related field of study, and over seven years of related work experience in work place related investigations, including of sexual violence, psychological harassment and discrimination.
- Membre of the Barreau du Québec is desirable.
- Certified Human resources professional (CHRP) or Certified Industrial Relations Counsellor (CIRC) or Institut de médiation et d’arbitrage du Québec (IMAQ) are assets.
- Proficient investigative report writing skills and experience.
- Effective investigatory and interviewing skills, including evaluative, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of working effectively with diverse communities and organizations.
- Experience working simultaneously with multiple investigation files.
- Advanced knowledge of ethics, procedural fairness and investigative practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human rights.
- Rigorous, accurate and detail oriented.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and proven ability to effectively manage difficult conversations.
- Ability to maintain objectivity.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to bring projects to successful completion within stipulated deadlines.
- Sound judgement, impartiality and appropriate sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to manage priorities and to be responsive to changing needs.
- Strong team orientation.
$ 81,181.00 - $ 94,146.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 30, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities