Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
COORDINATOR, TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (P5915)
Deadline: August 10, 2020
Reporting to the Service Manager, Facilities Management, the incumbent generates reports and dashboards supporting Facilities Management, maintains the inventory of computers, software and other equipment and liaises with Concordia's Instructional and Information Technology Services (IITS) to make departmental software recommendations. He/she also develops guidelines and usage documents for the use of specialized Facilities Management software, equipment and tools in order to ensure continued department efficiency.
- Generate, update and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as well as create dashboards using Facilities Management's software toolset.
- Maintain and update the inventory of computers, phones, mobile devices and other equipment for all of the units of Facilities Management.
- Liaise with IITS for the procurement of computers, mobile devices, peripherals, and software for the refresh programs as well as for new positions; ensure the appropriate decommissioning of equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Monitor, compile changes and update the Facilities Management website to ensure that it is up-to-date at all times.
- Liaise with IITS to gather software requirements and work with other service providers to determine the best solutions for Facilities Management's various units.
- Coordinate the installation of computer software and equipment, as well as any required technology training, with IITS on behalf of Facilities Management.
- Create and update equipment usage documents, guidelines and advise users of relevant policy.
- Provide support with the mobile phone billing process for users within Facilities Management and ensure proper follow up with each unit.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of all of Facilities Management's shared software, printers and conference room equipment with IITS.
- In conjunction with IITS, onboard and off board employees to the department with respect to software, hardware and access requirements.
- Undertake other tasks related to the efficient functioning of the departmental units as required or assigned by the Service Manager.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in a field related to the primary responsibilities of the position and two to four years of experience in a related function.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies, as well as administrative and information systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English (using technical language to write small user manuals) and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to create and format complex tables, and manage table data) and Excel (Create, modify, and format charts).
- Ability to create dashboards and reports.
- Detail oriented, analytical and efficient.
- Possess superior interpersonal, teamwork, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Able to work well under pressure, prioritize, meet short deadlines and be proactive.
- Proven ability in providing exemplary customer service.
- Physical ability to perform primary responsibilities (i.e. lift boxes with computer workstations (25 lbs. and related equipment), attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction.
$29.62-$35.62 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 10, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities