Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATION SERVICES (UCS)
WEBMASTER /DIGITAL CONTENT ADVISOR (C4713)
Deadline: July 22, 2020
This position represents a two-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent curate the university’s websites and pages and ensure that the university’s visual identity and strategic priorities are reflected across the digital landscape. He/she develops, sustains and enhances the university’s digital communication channels.
- Curate selected sections of the various websites; ensure that content is written, delivered and updated according to schedule, tone and required information.
- Create project plans (IA proposals, readiness assessments, impact analysis, implementation plans) for small to medium sized website projects.
- Format digital content and determine where it should appear on the university’s public and private sites, as well as mobile sites and within mass email blasts or newsletters.
- Collaborate with communications advisors, content marketing specialists, graphic designers, translators and subject matter experts from academic and administrative units to create and update content.
- Collaborate on developing training strategy and training materials.
- Train and support content authors from academic and administrative units on how to use the WCMS.
- Improve website and author experience by troubleshooting and documenting bugs
- Create and distribute email blasts and newsletters, whilst advising clients on appropriate tone and style.
- Work with the web communications team to continuously improve existing processes, as well as helping to create the strategies for new ones.
- Perform housekeeping duties i.e. deactivation and archiving of elements, organizing DAM, resizing images, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing search-engine optimization strategies.
- Assist in creating content guidelines to improve and maintain the university’s entire digital presence.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations, writing, or other related area.
- Writing/editing (especially knowledge of CP Style) desirable.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or photo formatting and knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) are assets.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to review and modify content and help the university community refine and improve their entire digital presence; basic knowledge (Level 3) of French, spoken and written.
- Good design sense and skills.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of UX, user journeys, and their importance in the web content creation process.
- Experience with web content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability in writing copy for websites, and email newsletters/campaigns.
$ 72,783.89- $ 86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 22, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities