Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (P4949)
Deadline: June 12, 2020
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until April 30, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Pension & Benefits, the incumbent provides consulting expertise and high-level support in regard to the Group insurance Plans and Disability Management. He/she develops and maintain relationships with insurance providers, staff, managers, consultants and employees.
- Manage the benefits administration portfolio and recommends changes and improvements.
- Act as a resource person for the benefits administration staff; communicate and troubleshoot issues relating to all benefit programs.
- Assist the Manager with the design and oversight of the Disability Management and act as backup to the Disability Management Advisor.
- Assist the Manager with the development of the University’s Wellness program and serve as the HR representative for the Wellness program.
- Serve as the University’s HR benefits specialist, develop, design, and deliver benefits related workshops.
- Generate benefit reports for management decision-making. Perform research and data compilation for various benefits surveys and reports.
- Maintain relationships with and consults with University’s managers, HR professionals and employees.
- Participate in orientation and onboarding processes as requires.
- Research employee benefit practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies; research and recommend innovative modifications to the University’s benefit programs that ensure employee satisfaction and minimize costs.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two to four years of pertinent work experience; at least two years’ experience in Disability Management and in Group Insurance Administration.
- CEBS or CHRP accreditation desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English (level 4) and Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Experience using integrated HR/PAY systems for benefit management.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Discretion and sensitivity to work involving confidential information.
- Very good organizational and interpersonal skills; proven ability to respond to questions and sensitive requests, able to handle potentially difficult situations and difficult people.
- Capacity to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to details.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment both as member of a team and independently.
$ 69,282 - $ 80,342 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 12, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities