Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
WEBMASTER /WEB WRITER (C5573/C5574)
Deadline: May 19, 2020
This posting represents two one-year full-time contract positions.
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent supports the Digital Strategy’s Concordia Hub project by researching, writing, editing and publishing digital content for University Communications Services, on behalf of the university’s academic and administrative units. He/she assists in developing and maintaining the tone and style of the written content on various digital platforms, and will create/design web pages pertaining to the Concordia Hub project: https://www.concordia.ca/next-gen/digital-strategy/projects/concordia-hub.html
- Research, interview stakeholders, write and edit copy that appears on the Concordia’s public and private sites, in close collaboration with the project team, UCS, and constituents from the university’s academic and administrative units. Ensure that the writing and messaging is suitable for the audience/medium for which it is intended.
- Curate selected sections of various websites; ensure that content is written, delivered and updated according to schedule, tone and required information
- Build and publish web pages in the WCMS (Adobe Experience Manager) in conformity with website design and layout standards.
- Work with the project team, UCS, as well as both academic and administrative units, to write/edit, post and/or migrate content.
- Proofread and edit own work, in accordance with CP Style, to ensure that information is accurate, and proofread and edit work of others to ensure the quality and accuracy of written material.
- Ensure that all written material represents the university’s strategic communication directions and enhances the university’s reputation.
- Identify areas that require the appropriate information and/or content updates by reviewing digital information daily and collaborating with units across the university and keeping abreast of recent developments.
- Liaise with the project team and UCS staff to ensure visuals are available for webpages, as well as ensure audio-casts and videos are produced to complement copy.
- Perform housekeeping duties i.e. deactivation and archiving of elements, organizing DAM, resizing images, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or in a field related to the primary responsibilities with two to four years of experience in digital marketing, web publishing, journalism, writing, editing, or in a related area.
- Experience working on digital communications materials, and writing copy for websites.
- Understanding of UX, user journeys, and their importance in the web content creation process.
- Knowledge of CP Style Guide
- Knowledge of large-scale web content management systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Knowledge of Photoshop or photo formatting are assets.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to write and edit material; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Strong research skills
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; diplomacy, ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, take initiative and work independently and also within a team environment; patience, good judgment, and attention to detail required.
- Highly adept at organizing, working on multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting deadlines
$ 70,835.00- $ 84,599.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 19, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities