Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (UA)
ADVANCEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS BUSINESS ANALYST (P1913)
Deadline: April 27, 2020
This posting represents a temporary leave replacement effective until December 31, 2020.
Reporting to the Manager, Advancement Information Systems (AIS), the incumbent provides expertise pertaining to the Advancement Information System and the business processes it manages. He/she acts as a resource person on whom others draw to resolve problems and recommend enhancements.
- Manage the Advancement Information System’s operational tasks on a day-to-day basis, including the processing of interfaces, file/data loads, and management of application configuration.
- Provide expert knowledge on all business processes, system interactions and dependencies with other modules and related systems pertaining to the data managed by the AIS. Provide advice on information systems strategy.
- Gather and analyze end-user and business unit needs, document business requirements, recommend solutions and best practices required to support the business. Collaborate with end-users and IITS to develop a timeline to deploy the recommended solutions.
- Provide detailed functional specifications pertaining to development efforts and works closely with IITS to develop and rollout new features.
- Create and maintain business process maps related to new processes/features or changes to existing features/processes.
- Analyze, create, and deploy queries requested by end-users. Execute queries, when necessary.
- Analyze user-reported systems issues and work closely with IITS in testing, solving and delivering solutions to problems; recommend solutions.
- Participate in all phases of testing and validation (unit, scenario, user acceptance, regression) during AIS upgrades; includes implementation of solutions and enhancements related to the AIS and collaborate with end-users and IITS on these projects.
- Work closely with the end-users to analyze new AIS features and functionalities; recommend a deployment approach to ensure it is in line with the business objectives and information needs.
- Train users, and assist in the creation and maintenance of AIS related training materials.
- Participate and network in relevant training opportunities, user groups, publications and professional associations to keep up on trends and developments in the fields of Advancement, Data Analytics/Reporting and Database Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent field and two to four years of related work experience.
- Experience in an advancement/fundraising information system implementation desirable.
- Knowledge of SQL developer & relational databases are assets.
- Advanced knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with it.
- Strong analytical and functional requirement documentation skills with ability to efficiently and effectively synthesize information.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to organize work effectively and set work priorities within time constraints.
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both member of a team and independently.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data analysis and intermediate knowledge of Word for documentation creation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation to end-users; basic knowledge of (Level 3) spoken French.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
$65,699.14 - $78,474.25 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 27, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities