Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (JMSB)
MARKETING AND EVENTS ASSISTANT (C1826)
Deadline: April 3, 2020
This posting represents a temporary leave replacement effective until March 31, 2021.
Reporting to the Director, Career Management Services (CMS) and has a dotted line reporting to the Manager, Business Development, the incumbent assists with the marketing and business development activities at CMS. He/she coordinates the CMS volunteer program.
- Assist in the marketing and business development activities at CMS.
- Maintain online marketing strategies and ensure that all marketing material is relevant, timely and focused; update and supply content for the CMS Facebook page, calendars and plasma screens.
- Coordinate CMS’s weekly e-news to include student-related and industry activities, workshops and employer recruitment events as well as a selection of job postings.
- Review the CMS and other job boards for various projects in order to increase access to job opportunities for JMSB students.
- Work closely with CMS staff to create and promote activities amongst the JMSB community; conduct in-class presentations in order to increase awareness of CMS services and resources available to JMSB students.
- Assist the Business Development Manager by following up with employers regarding their recruitment events and job postings and by accurately tracking initiatives and other projects.
- Communicate with employers to introduce CMS as a key recruitment partner and provide support concerning job postings under the supervision of the Business Development Manager, assist in preparing reports, measuring outcomes and outlining successes, recommendations and special projects to enhance CMS programs effectiveness.
- Ensure all employer contact information is added/updated in a timely manner in the CMS database (ConneXions).
- Participate in the recruitment process (create job postings, conduct interviews, on-board/train new recruits, assist with performance evaluations), supervise volunteers and coordinators, set-up volunteer schedule for workshops and events, and assign tasks as needed.
- Provide help and guidance to volunteers for special projects; update material related to volunteers, e.g. training, workshops, events, etc.
- Assist the Employer Relations Coordinator with events promotion, logistics and other duties as assigned with regards to CMS events.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of SOP manuals for the event planning function.
- Assist and participate in CMS strategy development meetings.
- Delivery of various career related workshops on an as-needed basis.
- Diploma of Collegial studies (two year pre-university DEC) in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities such as event coordination, marketing and communications with two to four years of related experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to prepare documentation, provide detailed information and answer in-person, telephone and email inquiries.
- Very good customer relationship management practices and customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player who is highly organized and able to take initiative, establish priorities and work under pressure.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of: MS Office. i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media platforms.
- Ability to participate in off-site activities and work outside of regular working hours.
$ 45,751.00- $ 54,383.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 3, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities