Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE TEASURER
ASSISTANT TO THE TREASURER AND CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER (P5906)
Deadline: March 13, 2020
Reporting to the Treasurer and Chief Investment Officer (CIO), the incumbent supports the daily activities and general office management within the Office of the Treasurer. He/she supervises both permanent and casual staff; is responsible for employee onboarding and acts as a resource person to the Treasurer and CIO, in addition to his direct reports
- Manage the daily administrative operations of the Office of the Treasurer; answer general inquiries and resolve questions and issues within established guidelines.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and committee/ board meetings; prepare documents for distribution, draft notices, meeting agenda and notes/minutes for the office’s fiduciary and administrative committees.
- Act as recording secretary to various committees that are accountable to the Treasurer and its portfolio heads.
- Supervise permanent support and casual staff in the Office of the Treasurer.
- Coordinate and provide administrative support in development projects, call / request for proposals (RFP) and handle logistics for special events, seminars, customized trainings including conference space reservations, catering and guest speakers.
- Respond, process, refer inquiries, from external service providers, federal and provincial government bodies, financial rating agencies, consultants, faculty, administration and diverse organizations. Such liaison would include issues of sensitivity and high confidentiality.
- Manage payroll deadlines, submit and approve timesheets; supervise and train casual support staff (including employee onboarding and offboarding).
- Coordinate travel, accommodations, conference speaking engagements, executive board memberships, processing corporate expenses and purchasing.
- Work closely with executive and senior management administrative assistants.
- Prepare reports, presentations, spreadsheets, forms, correspondence, and contracts and follow-ups.
- Oversee the office’s virtual library (the document storage and sharing site) to insure completeness and organization.
- Prepare, translate (when required) and proofread presentations for the Treasurer and its portfolio heads.
- Produce and review expenses reports, process invoices for payment and reimbursement.
- Monitor departmental budgets.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (three year technical DEC) in a relevant field and four to seven years of relevant experience, with previous supervisory experience
- Investment portfolio and pension fund administration knowledge desirable
- Familiar with corporate risk management, capital budgets, and institutional financing is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Superior organizational skills, the ability to multitask; and to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility
- Proactivity, forward thinking, and results-driven
- Strong communication, customer service, decision-making, interpersonal, leadership, planning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate planning processes, collaborate with a large number of individuals, direct and manage projects within established deadlines and confined parameters
- Ability to interpret simple situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion
$ 62,018.00- $ 71,919.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 13, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities