Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BUILDING MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT (P5889)
Deadline: March 9, 2020
This posting represents a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours per week (Monday to Friday, from 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Reporting to the Property and operations manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing non certified building services and preventative and corrective maintenance to support University activities, client requests, events and to prolong the integrity of exterior grounds, internal areas, architectural and mechanical systems, features and equipment
- Maintain in good orderly condition the building exterior & interior, loading docks & public areas, including but not limited to window cleaning, sweeping, cleaning using various motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Clear snow from entrances, emergency exits, and rooftop equipment using various motorized and non-motorized equipment; distribute salt as necessary.
- Perform general installations of furnishings, fixtures & building accessories.
- Maintain and repair roads, parking lots, walkways and storm drains.
- Perform minor repairs, adjustments and repairs to doors, moldings, glass, and acoustic tiles on fixed and suspended ceilings.
- Unblock toilets, sinks and drains.
- Adjust simple mechanical systems. (i.e. Change filters, verify fire shutters); replace burnt out lights.
- Assemble and set-up small furniture.
- Perform small set ups for events, as required; conduct small moves and deliveries.
- Install and remove scaffolding required to perform work.
- Assess work requirements, request and create work orders and follow-up on work orders pertaining to corrective and preventive work.
- Inspect equipment, physical environments (i.e. classrooms, mechanical rooms, public areas) and buildings with the various trades to identify preventative and corrective actions required.
- Creates lists, collects and enters data into the computerized maintenance system and into other programs as required. (i.e. Excel, Word)
- Plan and communicate service interruptions.
- Assist in inventory maintenance for the various trades; perform general clerical work as required to complete the above tasks.
- Assess work requirements, request and create work orders and follow-up on work orders pertaining to corrective and preventive work orders.
- Perform other duties as required by Supervisor.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in building maintenance or other relevant certifications and three years of relevant work experience OR High School Diploma (DSS) and minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Building maintenance including repairs, installations & first response.
- Experience of Assessment, creation and monitoring of work orders.
- Strong customer service skill & inventory management.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office suite (word, excel and e-mail)
- Have physical ability to occasionally lift/carry/move without assistance up to 23 kg (50 lbs.) and with assistance over 45 kg (100 lbs.)
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the University’s Respiratory Protection Program
- Will require use of hearing protection and enrollment in the University’s Hearing Conservation Program will be required
$25.41 per hour
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA - CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 9, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities