Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
MANAGER, GRADUATE STRATEGIC ENROLMENT AND OUTREACH (P5898)
Deadline: April 22, 2021
Reporting directly to the Director of the School of Graduate Studies, and functionally to the Associate Dean, Recruitment and Awards, the incumbent establishes and implements university-wide comprehensive strategies, policies, objectives, and operational plans for graduate recruitment, enrolment, and retention to help meet university goals.
- Coordinate, integrate and oversee university-wide graduate recruitment activities, including but not limited to: events, visits, data analysis, communications, publications, etc.
- Hire, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate direct report personnel.
- Coach graduate program directors and other faculty members in the recruitment of students.
- Liaise closely with the University Recruitment Office, University Communication Services, Faculty-based graduate recruiters, graduate program directors, and related stakeholders
- Research, interpret and present statistical information to identify potential graduate applicant markets at the national level and international level.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with University Recruitment, University Communications Services, and key stakeholders, graduate recruitment and communications plans, strategies and budget to meet university enrolment goals.
- Coordinate a graduate recruitment advisory committee/working group comprised of graduate recruitment personnel from across the university. Prepare and share data reports with the group.
- Manage the content for the university’s graduate “admissions/recruitment” web presence.
- Design and host “best practices” workshops for faculty members and staff to encourage effective recruitment and communications strategies based on available data; draft reports for presentations at Faculty Councils and other forums.
- Represent Concordia at graduate recruitment/outreach events.
- Advise potential students and/or staff concerning difficult situations, issues and/or new policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the primary responsibilities with four to seven years of related experience.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports.
- Graduate Degree, an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word and good knowledge (intermediate level) of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of data analysis software.
- Proven ability to compile and analyze data, and prepare data-driven reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively faculty, staff, students and external contacts and to give presentations to faculty members or groups of potential students.
- Familiarity with educational systems as well as knowledge of graduate admissions requirements and academic regulations policies and procedures, an asset
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to commit to travel and extended time schedules.
$88 754 – $102 941 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities