Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SUPPLY CHAIN AND BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (P2291D)
Deadline: February 21, 2020
Reporting to the Chair, the incumbent provides administrative and logistical support to the department by ensuring that the department operates smoothly and efficiently. He/she is responsible for the department’s administrative functions and serves as a front-line resource person for students and faculty, providing information on the Department’s programs and policies.
- Provides administrative support for the department and responds to enquiries; process and distribute department correspondence.
- Liaise with departments within and outside the Faculty and with the general University community.
- Draft, edit, format, proofread, and distribute department correspondence.
- Maintain filing system and student records and ensures that files are organized appropriately.
- Collect, maintain and update department files, course outlines, grades, final exam files etc.
- Sort and distribute mail, filing, maintain bulletin board and list of office hours for professors and tutors.
- Assist with the hiring and training of invigilators and prepare notices of hire and timesheets.
- Ensure that Department equipment is in operating condition and is responsible for the maintenance and supplies.
- Liaise with the Exams Office and coordinate the submissions and preparation of midterm and final exams; oversee all aspects associated with the processing of departmental exams as well as ensuring safekeeping of exam papers.
- Coordinates textbook submissions and orders, and liaises with the Bookstore and publishing reps. to ensure timely delivery of required course materials.
- Organize, participate and coordinate program events (SAS certification and BTM National Competition winners` ceremony award events etc.).
- Prepare, evaluate and process student-re-evaluation requests, ensuring that proper procedures and policies are followed.
- Processes request for office keys.(Key Management System)
- Provide support to the course coordinators; book conference rooms, labs and rooms for midterms.
- Performs other duties in support of the unit as directed by the Chair.
- Diploma of collegial studies (two year pre-university DEC) a related field and two to four years of experience in customer service.
- Knowledge of SIS and Portal is an asset.
- Good knowledge of (Level 4) spoken and written English, basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
$ 26.72 - $ 32.14 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 21, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities