Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P1999)
Deadline: February 18, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Director, Integration the incumbent provides administrative, logistical, and organizational support to the Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, and serves as the principal point of contact for callers and visitors. He/she responds and directs callers and visitors to the appropriate individual, manages documents and other records.
- Receive, greet and direct visitors to the appropriate person or area for Office of the Provost; screen and respond to telephone, fax, mail, and email enquiries or re-direct as appropriate.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events by booking rooms, renting equipment, ordering food and beverages, etc.
- Track and record invoices, journal transfers, and other expenses; follow-up and answer general inquiries about expenses.
- Schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; follow up on and file meeting dossiers and other documents as required.
- Oversee/arrange travel and accommodation arrangements, prepare expense reports and travel vouchers.
- Prepare and/or format (including mail merge) routine correspondence.
- Assist with the logistical coordination of special events related to Provost’s events within the University (including invitations and RSVPs, room bookings, catering etc.)
- Maintain an effective office filing system, bookkeeping and database for all levels of operations and archive in accordance with University retention rules.
- Maintain and arrange for service of office and other equipment; maintain inventory of supplies; process key requests.
- Maintain record of vacation, personal days, overtime, and leaves for all staff members in the Office of the Provost; collect and prepare vacation data (GAAP exercise) for final approval by the Executive Director.
- Replace other Office Assistants and the Executive Assistant to the Provost in their absences.
- Diploma of College Studies (three year technical DEC) in a relevant field with two to four years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of university environment is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French and English in order to prepare correspondence and respond to information requests in either language.
- Good knowledge of (Intermediate Level) Word (to format letters, lists, and do mail merges), of Excel (to create and format spreadsheets, do graphs, and calculate formulas) and of Outlook (to schedule meetings).
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with faculty and staff; good communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team; tact and courtesy; sound judgment; discretion required with regards to confidential matters.
$26.72 - $32.14 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 18, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities