Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P5748)
Deadline: February 18, 2020
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Research Development Initiatives, the incumbent coordinates the activities of and provides support to the management team of the PERFORM Centre. He/she maintains liaison between the Centre and other academic, administrative and service departments in the University and external contacts.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and meeting requests; organize and schedule meetings for the PERFORM management team and prepare relevant documentation.
- Organize and schedule meetings of PERFORM standing committees, distribute documentation prior to meeting; take and prepare minutes of the meetings as directed; coordinate follow-up as appropriate.
- Draft and/or prepare correspondence (such as support/award letters) for the Scientific Director, in electronic or print format.
- Maintain the office’s administrative calendars (i.e. vacation calendar, employee contract renewal deadlines etc) and the filing system (eg. research membership documents, agreements, contracts) and archive in accordance with University procedures.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for PERFORM events, such as registration, travel, accommodation, room bookings, catering etc.
- Arrange all travel plans (including registrations, flights and accommodations) for the management team; prepare expense reports.
- Coordinate all administrative tasks related to new hires (directory, phone, email, etc.) and maintain internal PERFORM contact list
- Serve as back-up to Financial Analyst for preparation and submission of time sheets.
- Diploma of College Studies (two year pre-university DEC) in a relevant field and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to draft correspondence and reports.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (to format letters, lists, mail merges) of Excel (to create and format spreadsheets including calculating formulas) and Access (able to join tables and run queries).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines; meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects concurrently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE115-14A and that the associated salary range is $28.18 to $33.90 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 18, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities