Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P4656)
Deadline: February 17, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Residence Life the incumbent provides front-line customer service for Residence Life, and supports the daily operations of the unit. He/she oversees the day-to-day operations, providing office support for the unit, identifying urgent situations and taking appropriate action
- Provide front line reception for the department; act as a resource person for residents during the academic year and as front desk agent during the summer hotel operation.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations which include the main tasks of processing work orders, processing mail and packages, responding to questions in-person and via email, carrying the duty phone and responding to calls, equipment rental, room access and providing office support for the unit.
- Ensure work orders are being processed in a timely manner, and escalating issues in collaboration with the property coordinator; accompany trades people throughout the building as needed, oversee inventory, and notify appropriate staff person if replacement of items is required.
- Identify urgent and emergency situations and ensure that the appropriate staff is notified; refer to the policies and protocols of the department.
- Assist with the arrival and departure of residents during the academic year; assist with room inspections and assist with set-up and take-down of summer operations.
- Collect and compile statistical information and maintain inventory and lists.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit; may be required to move between campuses based on operational needs.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre university DEC) and one to two years of related work experience.
- Previous experience working in a customer oriented area, with direct experience with students and with external clients desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with the general public; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French, basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal with disclosure of sensitive or difficult information from individuals.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent customer service skills, and an aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.27 to $30.00 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 17, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities